SFN Scientific Council is composed of a maximum of 25 members.
After Board bureau proposal, the Board nominates the President of the Scientific Council.
The other members of the Scientific Council are nominated for a 3-year term by the Board after proposal by the President and the Vice-President of the Scientific Council. One third of the Scientific Council members are changed every year, based on the duration of their Council membership. Exiting members can be nominated again.
The Scientific Council, with the possible support of external experts:
- proposes to the Board the scientific strategy to be developped by the SFN. The Scientific Council is in charge of managing the scientific strategy according to the decisions taken by the Board.
- raises the design and programme of the scientific meetings
- can take initiatives for elaborating collective expertises
- evaluates and ranks the applications following grant or prize calls launched by the SFN .
In 2016, the Scientific Council is composed as follows:
- Collet Xavier, Président
- Bard Jean-Marie, Vice-Président
- Catherine ASTIER, Nancy
- Antoine AVIGNON, Montpellier
- André BADO, Paris
- Catherine BENNETAU, Bordeaux
- Philippe BESNARD, Dijon
- Gilles BOËTSCH, Dakar (Sénégal)
- Jean-Louis BRESSON, Paris
- Isabelle CASTAN, Toulouse
- Xavier COUMOUL, Paris
- Nicole DARMON, Marseille
- Luc DAUCHET, Lille
- Pierre FAFOURNOUX, Clermont-Ferrand
- Philippe GERARD, Jouy-en-Josas
- Dominique HERMIER, Paris
- Emmanuelle KESSE, Bobigny
- Sophie LAYE, Bordeaux
- Joëlle LEONIL, Rennes
- Christophe MAGNAN, Paris
- Jacques MOUROT, Rennes
- Luc PENICAUD, Dijon
- Bernard PORTHA, Paris
- Annie QUIGNARD-BOULANGE, Paris
- Louis-Georges SOLER, Paris